12.04.2010

Head Over Heels.. Literally

I recently came across an article that reported "more than 3 million British women have received medical attention or been rushed to hospital because of their shoes."

1/10 of females have twisted their ankle or tore a tendon while wearing heels.

1/3 have fallen flat on their face as a result of their heels with many damaging their teeth and breaking their wrists.

6/10 say they will continue to wear these killer heels in the name of fashion.



My first reaction to this article was that it had to be an exaggerated survey. Then I began thinking of the amount of times I have fallen or twisted my ankle when I was wearing heels. Normally, I would just blame my extreme clumsiness and incredible lack of balance but now I have killer heels to blame for my embarrassing public spills.


These models know exactly what I'm talking about...
 
 
 
Look, even people who walk for a profession fall in heels sometimes. No need to feel ashamed about an occasional cement dive. 
KEEP ON TREKKING ON!

9 comments:

Olimpia Elide B. said...

It is really impossible to walk with this so high heels...they are exagerated also for models!! :D
Very nice post.
XOXO
Olimpia

Preity lama Tamang said...

love the post....i mean heels are every girls best freind but indeed we wear them thinking they dont hurt....

Camilla said...

BEST POST EVER.
I love how the models handle falling over, they're like bambi's

Tanvi said...

Haha! Made me smile [not laughing at them!]

Publish my Style said...

great post=) not giving up on heels though=)xx

Skinny Hipster... said...

lol oh wow, I can't imagine myself falling on a runway. Thanks for following me, I'm definitely returning the favor :-).

Anonymous said...

I have broken bones twice falling off my shoes...sigh

Angelica Ng said...

Ouch! But brave models they are!

http://red-soledfashionista.blogspot.com/

Thanh said...

Aww this was a great post! This makes me feel not-so-clumsy in my heels!



paperwhales.blogspot.com